Framingham, Massachusetts

Course material at Porter and Chester seems to have all kinds of errors. Power point presentations have spelling errors, grammar mistakes or poor word agreement, at times have miss information and are poorly out lined. Lab assignments have questions that do not relate to course material. The same problem occurs with various home work assignments, weekly quiz questions and on exams. Practical exams are less likely to have this problem because they are made by the instructors teaching the course.

For instance I had several labs this week that have questions. The questions for these labs that were due this week have more to do with what we are learning in the next coming week. Wrong planet kind of thing.

Finally the class rooms. I have seen it all in these class rooms. Many of the students have no education and take a lot of extra instructor time. Some are just lazy and laid back. Others are very disruptive and also lazy. They never do home work, are constantly violating rules that force instructors to stop lectures, come in late, ask questions that have nothing to do with the course, get up in the middle of lectures to show instructors something on "youtube" for instance, walk up to the board in the middle of class and point things out because they are unable to articulate what they are saying. Sorry to say the list goes on. Many of the students have no idea on how to be a student.

Needless to say, there is no order in the class rooms. HVACR is a very technical course. You really need to use your noodle. So class room behavior shouldn't interfere with ones ability to think.

If you'r interested in HVACR I strongly suggest the evening programs or on line courses instead. If you have lived in Massachusetts for long you know that Worcester is the arm pit of this state.

So maybe its just Worcester. I can't really speak for the rest of the schools associated or affiliated with PCI.

Don't bother with the ghetto school in Worcester you will find yourself frustrated by hoodlums or more appropriate called class clowns.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Porter And Chester Institute?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion