1.4
Additional Fees
Equipment Quality
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I just got my job 2 weeks ago from a tech company located in Portsmouth, NH.I started the CNT program in 2016 and left in december 2016.

I would not recommend anyone go to any of the campuses. It doesn't stimulate you in any way. I can tell the IT technical classes were shoe horned in. They include the comptia vouchers in your tuition and the books of course..

But they get you the cheapest of the laptops its a rip off. I went to Montserrat College of Art in Beverly in 2011, has the same tuition as PCI... We got mac book pros that can take a drop from a 3 story building.. PCI gives you Obama laptops lmao.

The course instructor William Silk still works there, had no issues with the guy, he was generous and flexible with the school's absurd attendance policy.. Death of immediate family and hospital medical leave are the only instances you're forgiven.. Car accident on the way to work? Tough luck you're missing one day.

The school simply doesn't teach you how to be in the career you're going in. It is all book work and minimal "hands-on"( they market the hands-on aspect and straight up lie about it.) I can learn network theory on my own time.. I need to be trained how to work in a IT corporate environment or I am gonna lose the job I busted my *** spending 7 months to get, which leads to the next part. The career counselor there, Brian is useless.

Been patient with him after I graduated. The school "promises" they will help you find a job after you leave. Brian never got me ONE interview, I had to work with 2 temp agencies and 5 interviews and 7 months later I got a job. Brian 2 months handed me a list of people to call, which is a way of saying " you're on your own." Have more than one person handle career counseling.

Finally, the student body is a joke. My class only had three serious students: Myself, a guy who pretended to be my friend and used me as a study slave and a working mother in her 50s, were the only ones to do our work seriously. Every other student was racist, sexist and browsed facebook and youtube when their work was never finished. The "boys" in automotive, HVAC and electrical all acted like high schoolers..

Some made fun of me on the insult level of a 7th grader and they used all their attendance days to be lazy and not go to class. My attendance was almost a failing grade.. Only reason I graduated from PCI was because my GPA was a 3.9, I arrived early all the time and my absences were legit emergencies and or important situations. Go to Peterson or just buy the books yourself.

CNT is the only class at PCI that doesn't require hours. CNT you only graduate with your useless degree of graduation, after that, you're responsible for scheduling your exams at the nearest pearsonvue testing center to get your certificates. Electrical, HVAC, automotive, dentistry and nursing all require a capped amount of hours and a gpa to graduate and get recognized by your new employer TL;DR: The school is for scrubs.

I have a right to complain..I have a job now and I passed their joke of a curriculum.

Review about: Porter And Chester Institute Computer And Network Technology Program.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Porter And Chester Institute?

Comments