Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I enrolled in the Administrative Health Specialist program at Porter & Chester in Watertown, CT in October of 2012 under the impression that on completion of the program I could sit for the Certified Professional Coder exam amongst others.This turned out to be 100% false which apparently was due to the fact that the program did not offer an externship.

I got a job in the field while I was still in the program, however I quickly learned that all of the skills needed for the job that the program 'taught' me, were being taught on the job to every other employee in my position with the company. Not only was the certificate not even a leg up in the field, the nine month program cost $18,000 for which I took out multiple loans including one through their own in house company called Institutional Student Finance Corporation with a 12.99% interest rate!

I am currently out of work due to having a disabled child and they refuse to even help me out and are now sending me to collections to further damage my credit score.That place is a scam!!!!

Review about: Porter And Chester Institute Program.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Had an Experience with Porter And Chester Institute?

Comments